Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Market

Today mostly consisted of business...getting a bus pass, joining a gym....but tonight Marc and I went to a tasty Indian restaurant and enjoyed some curry. There is a large Indian population here, and it is easy to find authentic food.

We then headed over to the Christmas market, a festival held in city centre. Lots of booths, rides, and tasty foods. Marc enjoyed some German potatoes and pickles, and I had Fire Punch (a rum mulled in spices).
In city centre is this statue of Sir Walter Scott, and he was so beautifully draped in snow I had to share the photo.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to be in a country where they appreciate academics/scientists?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke! I was on the bus, and the guys behind me were discussing the misuse of words in today's society like "epic". It is wonderful ^_^

    ReplyDelete