Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hippies in the trees

So most of my time is currently spent being nerdy and living in the library with Marc. He is studying for final exams next week, so we haven't been exploring much. However, he did give me a tour of the schools Easterbush campus, which has the sheep and dairy farms, vet clinic, and research institutes. Including the Roslin Institution, home of Dolly the cloned sheep. Since we were in the area we also stopped by the Rosslyn Chapel made famous in the Da Vinci Code. And tucked in the trees is also a hippie colony; a few years back they wanted to demolish a bunch of trees to create a bypass, but about 20 Edinburgh residents protested by creating tree houses and living there. It is perfectly legal to live in tree houses in the UK. I am kicking myself that I didn't have my camera; i need to start carrying it around everywhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment