Thursday, June 9, 2011

St Andrews
























I finally went up to St. Andrews and met with my potential doctorate advisor. It is a small town, only a few streets, but it is right on the water and in the summer is a huge tourist attraction. The town has nice shopping areas, an old cathedral, a castle, and of course golfing. The schools marine center is right on the water; the student offices have this view of the beach.

I was very impressed with the professor and his students, the program is exactly where I would like to be. Unfortunately it is still a waiting game; the grant for the research expenses will not be awarded until July and Dr. Janik does not want to admit me until he knows I won't have a shoestring budget to do research with. So continue waiting, fingers crossed that school will still work out. So far the grant seems to be progressing well and it looks hopeful, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment